This spinach and beet salad is light and fresh with an earthy, sweet, and tangy flavor. The cannellini beans add a nice touch of creaminess, and the balsamic vinaigrette, a uniquely sweet flavor to bring out the taste of the vegetables. Serve it as a side with pasta or by itself with a crispy bread slice and olive oil.
Making salads is one of my favorite ways to put together a quick and healthy meal.
With the vast variety of seasonal vegetables, salads will never go out of style! We just need to aim for a balance between carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. This vegan spinach salad is rich in iron and protein.
Now, the trick to offset the pungy peppery flavor from radishes is to cut then very thinly. I love to add them to salads for just a kick of flavor, but not so much that it overpowers the freshness and sweetness of salads.
Yield: 5 servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 0 min
Total time: 10 min
8 oz spinach
1 lb radishes
1 can (15 oz) sliced beets
1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
Lime juice (1 lime)
1 clove garlic
1. Chop the radishes into thin slices.
2. Chop the cucumber in half (lengthwise), and then into slices.
3. Remove the liquid from the beet can and chop into smaller slices if needed.
4. Remove the liquid from the cannellini beans.
5. To a bowl, add the spinach, beets, cannellini beans, and cucumber.
6. Mince the garlic. Add the rest of the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
7. Add the vinaigrette to the salad bowl, mix well, and serve!
- This recipe is perfect for meal prep. Be sure to add the vinaigrette once it’s ready to be served.
- For the canned beans and beets, try to look for low or no-sodium options.
- Optional: Top with dried cranberries or raisins.
- Store it in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the fridge.
$9. This takes into account the measurements listed in the ingredients section and for the main ingredients only. Does not include seasoning.
* Spinach is low in carbs but high in insoluble fiber. This type of fiber may benefit your digestion. It’s also an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. It packs high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium. Spinach has a host of benefits. It may reduce oxidative stress, promote eye health, fight cancer, and regulate blood pressure.
* Radishes are a good source of vitamin C. 1/2 cup offers about 14 percent of your recommended daily intake. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps battle free radicals in your body and prevents cell damage caused by aging, unhealthy lifestyle, and environmental toxins. Also, vitamin C plays a key role in collagen production, which supports healthy skin and blood vessels.
* Beets are high in vitamins and minerals and low in calories and fat. They contain inorganic nitrates and pigments, both of which have several health benefits, as well as a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect. This may lead to a reduced risk of heart attacks, heart failure, and stroke. Also, eating beets may enhance athletic performance by improving oxygen use.
* Cannellini beans provide high protein and fiber content. Additionally, they’re impressively effective in aiding with weight loss.
Did you try this vegan spinach salad recipe? Let me know in the comments below and/or tag your creation on Instagram #thehoneyboost.