This refreshing and nutrient-packed beet and berry smoothie is earthy, creamy, and naturally sweet. You only need 6 ingredients and $3.50 for 2 servings!
Beets are not a conventional smoothie ingredient, but as long as the earthy taste is well balanced with other sweet tropical fruits like pineapple and mango, the result is a tasty and healthy smoothie that you won’t get enough of!
Smoothies are a huge part of my diet, especially when I’m trying to give my digestive system a break from delicious holiday meals. They’re also a great way to get infused with nutrients when the immune system is a little down on cold winter days.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 min
Blend time: 2 min
Total time: 7 min
½ cup frozen mixed berries
⅓ cup frozen pineapple
⅓ cup frozen mango
½ cup unsalted sliced beets (from a can)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Toppings: chia seeds and berries
1. In a blender, add the banana, frozen mixed berries, frozen pineapple, frozen mango, beets, almond milk, and water. Blend until smooth.
2. Serve with chia seeds and berries as toppings.
- Optional: Top it with delicious and crunchy granola.
- Add ½ cup of water for a thinner consistency and one extra serving.
$3.50. This takes into account the measurements listed in the ingredients section and for the main ingredients only.
* Beets are high in vitamins and minerals and low in calories and fat. They contain inorganic nitrates and pigments, both of which have several health benefits, as well as a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect. This may lead to a reduced risk of heart attacks, heart failure, and stroke. Also, eating beets may enhance athletic performance by improving oxygen use.
*Berries are high in antioxidants like anthocyanins, which may protect your cells from free radical damage. They also may improve blood sugar and insulin response when consumed with high-carb foods or included in smoothies. Berries may help reduce inflammation and decrease your risk of heart disease and other health problems. They also have been shown to lower cholesterol levels, which may reduce your risk of heart disease.
Berries also contain the antioxidant ellagic acid, which may help decrease wrinkling and other signs of skin aging related to sun exposure.
*Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and several nutrients. They are rich in fiber and resistant starch, which may feed your friendly gut bacteria and safeguard against colon cancer. Bananas are also a dietary source of potassium and magnesium - two nutrients that are essential for heart health.
Did you try this vibrant beet smoothie recipe? Let me know in the comments below and/or tag your creation on Instagram #thehoneyboost.