Looking for an easy and healthy vegan breakfast recipe? Then look no further. This vegan banana chocolate chip breakfast cookie is the healthiest and tastiest vegan breakfast. It’s soft, chewy, and packed with fiber and nutrients you need to start the day energized.
This simple breakfast recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
4 main ingredients. Simple. Affordable. Delicious.
This recipe was born from a desire to make Sunday breakfasts especial and I love every bit about it. The taste, the perfect amount of sweetness from the banana, cranberries, and dark chocolate, the texture, and yes, how healthy it is!
You only need 4 main ingredients to create this moist gorgeous little thing that melts in your mouth. It’s basically the healthiest and tastiest vegan oatmeal cookie.
I love to start my day on a Sunday morning with a short meditation practice, relaxing music, and this amazing vegan banana oatmeal breakfast cookie. You might as well call it a giant oatmeal pancake because, why not? Although this is not your usual pancake and syrup situation, it has more of a soft banana breakfast bar feel.
I usually pair it with hot chocolate or in its absence, a nice glass of almond milk sprinkled with some cinnamon on top.
There’s something about it that makes me feel wonderful and ready to start the day! Not to mention, it’s SO filling. Many hours can pass until I’m hungry again, which is very convenient for a productive Sunday morning.
I also make these healthy vegan breakfast cookies for brunch when I have family over and they always get amazing reviews!
In the name of all single ladies out there, I present to you a one-serving recipe because sometimes, all we need is just one. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 serving
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Total time: 20 min
½ cup old fashioned oats
2 tbsp dried cranberries
½ oz semi-sweet baking dark chocolate
½ tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. In a bowl, mash the banana until smooth.
3. Add oats, cranberries, chopped dark chocolate, vanilla essence, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
4. Lightly grease a baking sheet with any type of oil. Form a circle with the mixture and put it in the oven.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, take it out of the oven, and put it on a plate. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
6. Enjoy while it’s still warm and with your favorite drink!
- If you’re looking to increase your omega 3 intake, add 1 tsp of ground flaxseed to the mix. It doesn’t change the texture and it makes for an even healthier version.
- If you’re making a big batch, store in an airtight container and reheat it in the microwave before eating.
- You can make smaller pieces by doubling the recipe. They make for a great afternoon snack!
$1.80. This takes into account the measurements listed in the ingredients section.
*Oats are packed with a variety of vitamins and nutrients. They’re rich in carbs and fiber and higher in protein and fat than other grains. Oats are also high in a soluble fiber called beta-glucan, which helps reduce cholesterol and promotes healthy gut bacteria.
*Dried cranberries are high in fiber and may help prevent urinary tract infections. A study indicates a beneficial effect of consuming dried cranberries to reduce the number of UTIs in susceptible women.
*Cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols. In a study that compared the antioxidant activity of 26 spices, cinnamon was the clear winner. Among many other benefits, cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Give this a try next time you’re craving something sweet and healthy or if you're having some friends over for brunch, I can guarantee they’ll be a hit!
Did you try this healthy vegan breakfast cookie recipe? Let me know in the comments below and/or tag your creation @thehoneyboost